Don’t know what to eat for breakfast? Don’t have time to make breakfast?
Try this healthy easy-make recipe at home and let this delicious oats to start your morning!
Oats are whole-grain food enriched in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibers. Antioxidants and the soluble fibers contained in oats may:
- reduce the blood pressure
- decreases total cholesterol level in our body, which
- reduces the chance of cardiovascular diseases.
Plus the fibers in oats will increase feeling of fullness. Great choice if you struggle with loosing weight!
Chia seeds in this recipe also have great health benefits.
Chia seeds are full of important nutrients and are an excellent source of
- omega-3 fatty acids, which are an essential fatty acid that our body can’t produce by ourselves and it has a role in reducing heart attack just like fibers!
Now let’s look at the ingredients of this healthy easy recipe!
1/2 cup(s) Oats(uncooked)
1/2 cup(s) nonfat milk or dairy alternative
1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh peaches
1/2 cup(s) no‑sugar‑added peach nonfat Greek yogurt or dairy alternative
1 teaspoon(s) chia seeds
1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon(s) chopped pecans, toasted if desired
3 thin peach slices
How to make it?
1. Add oats to container.
2. Pour in milk, then arrange peaches over oats.
3. Stir chia seeds and cinnamon into yogurt.
4. Layer over peaches.
5. Refrigerate overnight.
6. Top with pecans and peach slices in the morning.
Now enjoy and have a fresh start in the morning!
Chia seeds: Health benefits and recipe tips. (2018, November 12). Retrieved from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/291334.php?fbclid=IwAR3IH5-IR1QBu7fqVJ5Uu-b7Ilpr4ME1nNaLATMV5WKO4NIyW2XF2eDA3tE.
Hrefna Palsdottir. Healthline,9 health benefits of eating oats and oatmeals. (2016) Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/9-benefits-oats-oatmeal
QuakerOats.ca. (n.d.). Chia Peach Overnight Oats. Retrieved from https://www.quakeroats.ca/recipes/chia-peach-overnight-oats?fbclid=IwAR1c2TsDs3dEPPM0N02fuRVRTS8AspdHsEUPZOfaQVYlK_SIjt9BK1Zstco.