Autumn season means pumpkin season, and that means pumpkin in every single recipe! This one requires minimum equipment and has no sugars added to it!
- ½ cup (100g) baked and grated pumpkin (for canned pumpkin see notes*)
- 1/4 cup (20g) shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup (10g) shredded coconut for coating
- 2 tablespoons (30g) vanilla protein (or other neutral flavour) or powdered milk (milk powder) (see notes for vegan option)**
- If using powdered milk or unsweetened protein powder. add sweetener of choice.
Mix all the ingredients together except the shredded coconut for coating. If you find the mixture too wet, add more shredded coconut
Form candies from your “dough”, they can be any form you want.
Roll them in shredded coconut and put them in a freezer. A tip: put them on a baking tray lined with baking sheet to prevent your candies from sticking to each other.
When you take them out of the freezer and they melt a bit, they taste like pumpkin ice-cream!! MMmm.. Delicious!
* This recipe was not tested with canned pumpkin puree. If used, the mixture might end up being too wet, however this might be fixed by adding more shredded coconut.
** Use vegan protein for a vegan option